High concept: Coin Master is a 2D resource management game in which you have to keep the hero enjoyed enough to keep it expending coins after each death.
Instructor: Thomas Komair
Type: Team project
Language: C / C++
Engine: 2D monolithic game engine built from scratch in C and C++.
My Role: Engine Programmer
Game I was part of during the second semester of my Freshmen year at DigiPen.
This was the first game I developed from scratch, this are some of the features I implemented for the engine:
- Programmed an object manager that encapsulated all object creation and destruction as well as track them using unique ids.
- Implemented a 2D graphics system using OpenGL that included a simple 2D lighting system.
- Developed a simple editor to be able to define the relations between the rooms in the levels.
- Programmed the particle system modules that would allow other team member to easily create particle effects.
- Implemented text rendering to be able to show numeric variables in game.
Once the engine was functional I moved to gameplay programming where I worked in multiple areas such as UI, beautification and feedback for the player.
- Mikel Orrantia Robles – Technical Lead
- Borja Portugal Martin – Programmer
- Fabrizio Tonietti – Producer
- Jon Diego Martinez – Designer