Company: The Multiplayer Guys (developing for a client)
Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Language: C++, Blueprint
Work Period: February 2021 – February 2022 (1 year)
- Setup project and fixes to compile for PS5 and XSX.
- Automated performance statistics and screenshot collection at various map locations, on all target platforms.
- Implemented Server authoritative bullet hit validation with character state rewinding.
- Used UE4 reflection system and ImGui to visualize all properties of an object in real time for debugging purposes.
- Implemented an editor tool to capture a top view of the level to serve as Minimap.
- Ability to split the image in chunks.
- Configurable resolution and “world units per pixel”.
- Low resolution preview of the capture, capturing created a high-resolution one.
- Developed the Minimap rendering logic making it easy to add and customize icons.
- Integrated NetImGui as a proof of concept to debug the Dedicated Server state. The idea was to use the existing ImGui code to get the data and be able to visualize it in the NetImGui window.